From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:08:44 -0500
I'm reading some 1997 ALCA NEWS, , some things are fun and some are scarey!

Fun: Peggy and her nursing one-year old were visiting friends of Peggy's mother.  Baby Cailey indicated she wanted to suck and Peggy hiked her sweater.  "aren't you going to ask our hosts about it first?" asked the distraught grandmother> "Oh, did you want some tto?" asked Peggy.

Scarey: a 1996 article by Yip, Lee &  Sheehy. 'Breastfeeding in the Neonatal Intensive Care', J Pediatr Child Health 1996; 32:296-8 was discussed about how the NICU staff needs to learn how to be Baby Friendly!  This was almost 20 years ago.  How far along are we?  Good grief in the US, in my state the first BFH was in Jan. 2012!  Really reinforces my research that it takes about 20 years to get from paper to practice!  Pat in SNJ