From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:31:55 EST
In a message dated 2/7/1 8:45:49 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I just keep wondering why nobody tested the baby before deciding that

formula was a better option? >>

Even if the baby tests positive for high levels, the mercury can be detoxed
from both the mother and baby's bodies. I am currently working w/ a mom whose
3yr old has leukemia. Mom is concerned that her daughter has tested positive
for high levels of mercury and is concerned that her milk is the source,
since she has also tested with high levels. She would not be so worried if
not for the dd's leukemia. Mom's milk supply is high b/c she also has a 3mos
old. I did discover that the 3yr old eats a lot of tuna and did suggest she
discontinue. I suggested the mom see a holistic practitioner about detoxing
herself and her children, if it is indeed necessary. (From my own experience,
I know that bentonite clay is very effective for detoxing, as is chlorella.)
    I am also wondering, though, if anyone else has any experience w/ this,
especially in this case where the breastmilk's anti-cancer and immune-support
properties makes the mother inclined to actually increase her dd's intake.
Jennifer Tow, IBVLC, CT, USA