From:
The Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 16:58:30 -0700
Kathleen,

According to Dr. Tierraona Low Dow, MD and herbalist, fenugreek and
blessed thistle are not the only herbs used to increase milk supply.
Her list includes anise seed, fennel seed, milk thistle, vitex, and
nettle. These are her comments from the syllabus and my notes from her
presentation at last year's Albuquerque conference.

tea can be made from anise (which tastes like licorice) or fennel seed
by steeping 1 tsp. of seeds in a cup of hot water for 10 min.  She
recommends drinking 2-3 cups a day.

Vitex or Chasteberry(which could cause menses to return sooner) is very
bitter.  Take two "00" capsules per day.  Nettle tea is made by pouring
one cup boiling water over 2 teaspoons of herb and allowing it to sepp
for 10 minutes.  Drink 2-3 cups per day.  This is recommended as a
strenghtening, nourishjing tonic and has mild diuretic properties.

One mother I worked with (mother of newborn twins and toddler, husband a
medical student) had excellent and almost instantaneous results from
Mother's Milk Tea, a combination of many of these herb--not sure if I
have the list any more.

Hope this helps.