From:
Vanessa Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 08:29:43 -0400
I was wondering if anyone had experience with antepartum engorgement.  A
soon to be client of mine pregnant with twins at 33 weeks gestation is
hospitalized with preterm labor.  She explained to me that she felt as if her
milk had come in and that her breasts were full and sore.  After receiving
progesterone injections her breasts are now soft again.  I understand the
physiology in that the drop in progesterone must have been significant to
induce lactogenesis II while still pregnant.  My question is what impact (if any)
this experience will have on her milk supply once she delivers?  Thank you in
advance for your wisdom and experience.

vanessa
RNC (waiting til 10/16 to find out if I can add IBCLC)  :)