From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 18:26:27 -0400
Hello all!
After 5 days of no Lactnet (AOL did that to me :/) and suffering severe
withdrawl, I got Lactnet logs from the l/serv and am now recovering! <grin>
  Unfortunately, there is so much that I missed, I'll be catching up on my
reading for quite a while!  Anyway, I missed you and am glad to be back!
 Thanks to Kathy B. for forwarding a couple of digests to me to tide me
over!!  :)

I'd like to ask you all a question for my friend Karen Evon, the vicarious
lurker. :)
Mom has 2 mo old bb.  Mom is a PE teacher.  A week ago Mom did _low impact_
step areobics with light weight training including pectoral muscles.  She
wore an ill-fitting underwire bra with a *tight* exercise bra over the top.
 (she didn't want to bounce)  After exercise she took off both bras, put on a
loose underwire bra, then at bedtime wore *no* bra.  That night: she woke up
in the middle of the night with plugged ducts in the outer quadrants (upper
and lower) of left breast.  Mom did the following:  Nursed BB, massaged lumps
with fingers, nursed BB, applied warm wet soak and nursed BB again.  She felt
fine in the morning.  The following night she had the same episode happen
agian but on the right breast.  She did the same treatment as the previous
night, woke up fine in morning and the problem hasn't occured since.
Mom is concerned that the problem she had is related to the exercise.  She
says the pain was different from muscle strain, that it felt like plugged
ducts.
Karen (LC) suggested that it was doubtful that exercise was the cause, but
that rather the ill-fitting bra with tight bra over restricting drainage.
 Karen wearing only one well-fitting bra (either exercise or nursing) and the
mom was fitted with a new, properly fitted, nursing bra sans underwire.
 Karen would like to know if anyone else has experienced this type of problem
and is it possibly related to the exercise?
TIA for any info!
Janet