From:
Canahuati <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 22:14:35 -0400
I received an email from Honduras about 7 women being hospitalized in the
teaching hospital for sepsis and their receiving Chloramphenicol.  The
original question was whether there was any new evidence that this was not
contraindicated in nursing babies.  I sent the citations from the new
edition of Hale's  book (it is immediately helpful to go to ILCA!) and from
the 1994 edition of Veterinary & Human Toxicology.

My question to our Lactneters is:  what are some low-cost, less risky
alternatives that you are using in your hospitals?  Is there a different
protocol that we can suggest?
"The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are
 creating.  The paths are not to be found, but made, and the
 activity of making them changes both the maker and the
 destination."  Attributed to John Schaar, University of California.

 Judy Canahuati
 email: [log in to unmask]