From:
The Fisher Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:26:54 -0800
Hi all!

I have not posted in ages. Been burned out and lurking. I guess I am ready to
pick up the ball again and move on. Just wish every step weren't so hard!

I guess I should re-introduce myself My name is Victoria Fisher, I live in W.
Maryland and have six kids.   I have midwifery training (completely un-used)
have been an LLLL for 18 years and an on-again, off-again childbirth educator
for 15 years. IBCLC for 1 year.

As to what lawyers can do I think Jacks list was great. I would like to add
that  she can even more directly impact her community by just being visible.
Many women in our society feel that having a "real " career and breastfeeding
are mutually exclusive. I would encourage her to attend LLL meetings, write
articles for magazines (in all that free time!) and just in passing let people
know that she is breastfeeding and perfectly comfortable with that. Also to add
to Jacks websites I would highly reccomend the La Leche League Int'l site and
check out the articles by Liz Baldwin. Might even contact her. In the meantime,
Welcome to the ranks of the struggling!

My own personal question is one that has been hashed out a few times but hasn't
really answered my own dilemma. How many of you are employed by an office of
some sort (and don't have to do insurance billing) how many of you work on a
contract basis and either do your own billing or don't and how many of you who
work privately do insurance. I have a deathly fear of forms but am currently
seeing very few clients since I can only take those who can pay me out of
pocket. I have been unsuccesful in working out a contractual arrangement with
any of the offices here and there really aren't any employment options
immediately available. I am fighting the horrible thought of having to seek
other employment (i.e.; I gotta start making money!) outside the lactation
field. Any really great insights out there?! Are insurance forms really as scary
as I think?

Thanks !

Victoria in W. MD.