Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2008 15:12:47 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Jeanne, 
I'm in no way offended, in fact I feel the same or similar to you in that we are a profession and
we have EARNED the right to be compensated appropriately.  I was just thinking out loud and 
I guess there is an inconsistency in my thoughts as I also feel support should be available with the same expertise for those that can't afford to pay (I believe even doctors and surgeons ascribe to this belief, hence "Free care").  I guess what that means is that if you have your own LC business it is in fact a BUSINESS and you have a right to be upset about BRU impinging on it.  BUT it also means that BRU/Medela have that right to persue any avenue where it feels it's business could be profitable.  Ethics comes into play here but ethics and big business may not coexist very easily :-(  I would state that it is ethically wrong for them to rent a piece of equiptment with no support but I think other business oriented people might counter that with...it's the job of  the person who is renting that piece of equipment to seek information needed to use it.  Legally, as far as liability is concerned,  I think that might hold up in a court of law but not sure.  Wow, I never started out t
hinking I'd be defending BRU.  I do think that it's wrong for them and Medela to do this but that's business and the best we can do is try to find a solution for the moms/babies that might be affected.  That and back away from supporting Medela more than is necessary.
Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2