From:
Renee Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:08:48 EST
Hi all, Am hoping you can help with a personal issue.  My  daughter Cate is
now 1 yr old (3-17).  On her birthday she had her 1 yr  check up and weighed 20
lb 7 oz which was perfect for her.  The day before  her birthday she
developed what we assumed was a stomach virus, violently  vomiting anything that
entered her stomach.  Breast milk, and a bit of  pedialyte were all she could
tolerate, and even that was vomited quite a  bit.  Slowly she got over it, but even
now, 12 days later, she has little  interest in solid food, and what she does
eat still is being vomited.  She  still nurses like a champ and holds all of
that down.  I do have a  pediatric appointment in the morning, but today I
took her for a developmental  testing (She is part of a study at UC Davis) and
when they weighed her, she  weighed 19 lb 11 oz.  Now even with the difference
in scales, I am assuming  she has lost at least a half pound since her
birthday.  Now I am really  worried.  I am still offering the breast as much as she
will take, she is  taking very little in the way of solids (a bit of goldfish
crackers or cheerios  and some applesauce is about the extent of her diet now).
My question is,  should my milk at this age still be enough to totally
sustain her, and should  she still gain weight on it if it is her sole nutrition.  I
would  appreciate any info or suggestions you could give so that I can help
guide the  pediatrician (very bf friendly) while we investigate the source of
her  problem.

Thanks in advance for any light you may shed.

Renee Drake
 (http://www.tickercentral.com/)