From:
Nancy Holtzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:17:39 -0400
Dear Ms.Porter,
 I am writing in regards to Ms. Betsy Hart's recent column on breastfeeding
legislation.  I am so sorry to see more bad-mouthing in the press around
the issues of breastfeeding in public.  Breastfeeding is without a doubt
the healthiest way to feed a baby, and for breastfeeding to become the
cultural norm, it needs to be more accepted both by private individuals,
and the media.
Why should a mother hide out while feeding a baby?  It is too bad we must
resort to legislation to protect a mothers' right to simply feed her baby
the healthiest way known, but if it protects against unlawful harrassment,
so be it.
 On a separate note, I must include how offended I am by the term
"Breastfeeding Nazi".  Perhaps "informed advocate" is more appropriate?
Thank you for your attention,
Nancy Holtzman RN BSN, and more importantly, publicly nursing mother to Toby.

Nancy Holtzman
Boston, MA.