From:
Mary Jozwiak IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:28:59 -0400
There have been some good ideas for this situation so mine may be a long
shot too.

I once worked with a woman whose baby refused the left side almost
completely. She insisted on pumping for me because she thought "there was
no milk there."

She pumped and in the collection bottles the right (accepted side) was
white regular mature milk, in the left (refused) was bright orange
colostrum! I figured the baby was refusing the colostrum as  she prefered
the sweeter taste of the mature milk. I had the mom pump the left side
every time she nursed, in 24 hours the left side was producing mature white
milk and the baby took it without a problem.

Just an idea, (I would also investigate the broken clavicle idea.)

Mary Jozwaik IBCLC
Private Practice