Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:06:13 EDT
I have a friend who is dying of brain cancer and has a 11 month old grandson,
totally BF. Sunday morning the grandmother had to be readmitted to the
hospital suddenly and I offered to care for the baby. The mom didn't have
time to pump so we decided to try some cow's milk in a cup if he got fussy.
That afternoon I was cooking food for my daughter to take back to college,
including  red beans and rice (spicy). We offered the baby some milk in a cup
which he promptly threw across the kitchen and then started pointing to the
stove. He ended up eating a bowl of red beans and rice and then burped and
went fast to sleep. His mom reported tonight that he had no gastric distress
so I guess he knew what was good.

Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC
Ayden NC