From:
Katherine Catone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:56:28 -0800
I think this is an interesting, and worthwhile topic.

I taught a breastfeeding class in a hospital setting for a number of
years, but only got a fraction of the students who attended the
childbirth classes (who did have 1 night on postpartum issues
incl/feeding).

I believe in childbirth education, but have always found it ironic that
so much disproportionate time is spent preparing for a 1 time (usually
less than 24 hrs) event, vs. the time spent preparing for breastfeeding
which is an ongoing relationship which happens many times a day for what
we hope will be months, if not years.

Kathe Catone, IBCLC, LLLL