From:
LuAnn Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:42:27 -0400
Hi Julie,

I was actually supplementing a baby at breast during rounds today while that
was on TV. I was too busy to see most of it, but of course I attempted to
reassure mom. Unfortunately, the part I did see was pretty much a vendetta
against a "poor first time mom" who supposedly didn't know any better when
her baby cried all day. The one comment about lactation was that mom had
stopped going, saying that she went to a clinic that answered her questions.
Anyone know the outcome of the show?
And yes, if you have seen the show and were greatly offended, you should
write and let them know how sensationalized their portrayal was and what a
disservice the show was to moms who will now be afraid to nurse their babies
because of what they have seen.

LuAnn Smith
York, PA