Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 01:33:54 EDT
I did a search on this subject and read all 14 responses. I posted quite a
while ago about a mom with a baby that has a short tongue. That baby is 6
months old now. Mom is still breastfeeding and giving little solids. The baby
actually gags on most of the foods she tries to give him. He still latches on
goofy!

Now he has lower teeth. The nipples are very chewed from the teeth. The mom
has never seen the oral surgeon. I finally got her to talk to a NDT in the
area.

She decided to pump for a few days to give the nipples a break. The boy is
crawling and developing fine. I was considering the nipple shield. Would she
have to put them on every time she wanted to nurse? Can they be left on and
for how long?

Is there any other great ideas or words of wisdom for a mom that really wants
this to work? She will pump and feed with a bottle if this is what's
necessary.

Annette Leibovitz, IBCLC
Buffalo Grove, IL