From:
Alice Ernest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:09:04 EST
Barb,
     I don't think this baby is tongue-tied, as are so many that this ped
refers to me!  Some kind of Murphy's law, I guess.
At first I thought I was just seeing the tongue and gums, but on pulling the
lower lip down, there was a huge thick skin between the lip & the gums.  I
assume this is a tight labial frenulum.  Don't have much experience with
these, but I'm the tongue-tie finder in this city!  The upper lip & gums look
OK.   I reported this to the ped and hope something will be done.  Funny, the
parents don't want their 6 day old to have any surgery, but "pass the
vaseline for the circ".  I'll keep you posted.

Alice Ernest IBCLC (LLLL counselling skills definitely helpful with these
parents and all the parents I see).