From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:22:01 -0400
Personally, having had a number of these, (with no nursing baby) the prep is
the worse part.  Only liquids on one day and NPO after midnight, for who
knows when they will schedule the next day, makes me feel very lousy.  If I
were nursing I would expect   some sort of a difference , especially if I
were nursing twins.    So it seems to me a little preparation (store some
milk, get a family member  or friend to give a hand, day of preocedure, etc)
would be smart.  I'm never sure which makes me feel so yucky, the prep (I
hate) or the brief anesthesia.  But I know I'm not up to par until the next
day.  Thankfully I've never had to experience diarrhea as mentioned by Susan
( which scares me as I prepare to go to Uganda! I guess I'll add Lomotil to
my list).
Whether a dip in supply is theoretical, physical  or psychological, it
always pays to be prepared for possibilities, then to wish you had been
prepared.  Pat in SNJ