From:
Judy Holtzer Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 1995 15:41:38 -0900
Hiya. I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall a position paper
of the AAP from the 1980s (either in Pediatrics or J. Ped) where
they said something to the effect that they believed that breast
milk was *the most important food for the infant* in the first
12 months of life. How this was turned into "providing all a baby
needs for the first 12 months" is a mystery to me. Hope this
helps settle this debate. Judy K.