From:
P Wiggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 1996 20:36:38 -0400
Dear Lactnetters,

Happy New Year to all!  May the new year bring happiness and health to you
and yours.   Keep up the good work and keep on Lactnettin'.   I will be off
line for a few days beginning Friday while I am in my old stompin' grounds,
FLORIDA, where I hope to warm up and see some of my old LC friends there!
Kathie Hoerl, if you're on now, I hope to see you.

Re Ezzos:  IMO, hitting a four month old with a spoon is definitely child
abuse.  I say they are control freaks! I can't stand this philosophy. My
children, whose needs were met when they were young, and who were not abused
or forced to do anything they didn't really want to do, have turned out
great.  They have high self esteems and basically have never given us
problems during the teenage years.  Is it luck, or did we do something
right?  BTW, they all "matured" later, reaching puberty about a year or so
later than most of their bottlefed friends.  I think there really is
something to breastfeeding long and maturing later, which is the way it
should be.  Joanna was still playing with Barbie and Ken dolls while some of
her friends were playing serious games with real boys. Really.  And the
clingy little girl, who is away at college now, is VERY independent and not
a mama's baby anymore.  But it is kind of sad.

Pam Wiggins, IBCLC, Franklin VA.