From:
Joy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:10:26 +0800
Naomi Bar-Yam wrote:
>Sometime line breaks and extra = signs and things make it difficult
>to piece together a URL.
>Usually, when there is an = sign at the end of a line, you have to
>delete it and add whatever was on the next line into the URL.

Related to this is something I discovered recently. I used to get my
digests in MIME format (whatever that means) but more recently it has
not been like that. I didn't change anything that I know of - it
seems that the listserver made no MIME the default at some stage.
Without MIME, quite a few posts are hard to read, with lots of line
breaks, = signs and numbers interspersed in the text.

I fixed this by going to the Lactnet website and altering one of my
settings to MIME, and now I don't get these annoying 'extras'.

If this was the case for me, maybe some others might benefit from
knowing about this.