From:
Karen Querna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 07:38:51 -0700
"I heard all the time at IBLCE that the test was too expensive, joining ILCA
was too expensive, and people had to maintain other professional licenses,
memberships, and requirements.  Well, to me it is simply a matter of
priorities.  If you choose to buy a pair of new jeans or go out to dinner  once a year
rather than join ILCA, don't complain about what ILCA provides  you.  The more
members ILCA has, and if a US affiliate is formed, the more  effective the
organization will be.  Being an IBCLC is either important to  you or not.  You
decide."

Barbara what a wonderful huge post and full of great points. Membership in ILCA is crucial to anyone who supports, promotes and protects breastfeeding. It is open to anyone, even if they are not an IBCLC or actively practicing as a Lactation Consultant. I personally feel anyone involved in WIC, Breastfeeding Coalitions, LLLI, Maternal Child Health  and *all* IBCLC's would benefit from membership. I strong National and International Organization is what is needed to make changes in the eyes of the public, government workers and pulblic leaders.

Best Regards
Karen Querna RN,BSN,IBCLC
An ILCA Member still valuing my membship andn unemployed in Sokane WA USA- thankyou Price-Waterhouse!)