Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2011 20:19:53 EDT

Sheila writes:

I also  wanted to mention a recent post on facebook's "I love Babywise"
page   from a mom who didn't know what to do about her 3-month-old who will not
focus  on eating. "She will suck 2-3 times, then pop her head up, look at
me for  about 30 seconds, then start laughing/smiling, suck 2-3 more times &
then  do it again." The mom decided this meant she was not hungry and ended
the  feeding session.

~~~
And the thing I find saddest is this is exactly how we feast when we  share
a meal with loved ones. It's not just about the food, it's about the
conversation, the togetherness. I would love to see this person have her plate
taken away the second she puts her fork down to say something to her
partner....Babywise comes from a place of "babystupid" where babies are  NOT wise,
they are either in ingnorant and in need of training because they  can't
figure out things on their own in a healthy way, or they are manipulative
beings who cannot be trusted. So parents must be "wise" to their tricks and
issues. Sad, sad, sad....

Peace,
Judy, who at least today got to see a 2 1/2 day old homeborn baby  whose
mom was just lying next to him, gazing at him while he slept when I walked
in...:)

Judy LeVan  Fram, PT, IBCLC, LLLL
Brooklyn, NY,  USA