From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:16:52 EST
Dear Christine,

Welcome to "Postingdom!"  I recently worked with a mom with severe recurrent
plugged ducts in one breast with a bleb, as well.  She tried ultra sound tx's
x 2 or 3, which seemed to help but she in the end felt that removing skin
over her nipple pore consistently was what helped keep her plug-free.  She
was instructed by 2nd surgeon she saw to use moist washcloth to debride area
daily which she did and after a week or two of this (I can't remember exactly
but could check my notes if important to you) this bleb did not return.  Now
the other very important factor was reduction of milk supply in affected
breast (attempted only when breast plug-free) which she did by decreasing BF
on that side-up to 12 hrs a couple of times- use of cabbage leaves to reduce
edema and during time of plugged ducts treating these with frequent emptying
and usual cold, heat, massage, pumping as needed.  She, too went on Lecithin,
used Phytolocca and the whole process took about 4 wks.

Hope this helps, if you need more detail feel free to contact me
directly-this mom would probably be glad to communicate with your mom via
email or phone.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Brewster, NY