From:
Michelle DePesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:38:10 -0400
Therese Maltby <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

"Any ideas what might cause this? The archives are silent on sour or spoiled
EBM. Inquiring minds wanna know."

Does it taste "soapy"? If you do a search for "soapy" you'll find dozens
upon dozens of posts on this subject, although I don't want this discussion
to end there. I am sure there must be newer info on uit by now (I last did
that search about 2.5 months ago). I know my own milk goes "soapy" quickly,
and always once it is frozen. There is some advice about "scalding" the milk
to prevent this lipase action from happening, but nothing has been said
about what to do with the nasty milk skin that accumulates  :^)

Michelle DePesa