From:
maka laughingwolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 03:44:14 -0600
because several of those who've responded to my post on this topic, both on-
and off-list, have seemed to have thought i was asking only for information
on tandem nursing, i wanted to clarify.

this mom is aware of nursing through pregnancy and tandem nursing; her
concern lies with the fact that she can't really find any information on the
possibility of *exclusively* breastfeeding her older child through a
pregnancy--breastmilk only, no solid food, during the pregnancy. she has a
history of multiple miscarriage (we met in a m/c support group) and is aware
of the possible problems breastfeeding could pose to the pregnancy, but is
not concerned about that--her main concern is the nutritional status of the
older baby.

if anyone has information supporting the possibility of the older baby
getting adequate nutrition from breastmilk alone during a subsequent
pregnancy, please let me know!

sorry if i was less-than-clear the first time! :)

Maka Laughingwolf
breastfeeding peer counselor
studying toward eventual IBCLC
in Garden City, KS today but