From:
Karen Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 21:25:23 -0500
I have noticed this also but I also bring to their attention that you really
need human contact to make mother's milk, I give some instances of separation
of babies from mothers in our NICU and the consquences of separation related
to reduced milk supply.
The last BF class I facilitated, I had my 2 children (9yo & 4yo)attending
since my husband was out of town and I took  my personal family photos of  my
husband, son and relatives bonding with a child from birth to 2yo despite
that no relatives would be involved in bottle feeding for bonding.  I also
tell them if you could bond thru bottle feeding then why did they invent that
bottle prop in the 50's.  I also discuss you do not need to purchase the $40
placenta whoosing Teddy bear if you BF.  What a gimmick.
That was the class I got the most raves because they could see examples and
hear family stories.  My children loved the stories and were entertained.  I
think I will do it again.  Our society is so hung up with our bodies, it is
like God gave us bodies only to have sexual pleasure not to have any other
earthly function.  I sometimes wonder if women could shorten their pregnancy,
they  would take that option or how about babies without pregnancy yet still
have your very own biological child.
I know what you mean, I only wish I could be more sympathetic to these women
needs.
Latch on to life...Karen Page