From:
Laurie Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:03:46 -0500
Sad to say we've had only 9 exclusive breastfeeders this month so far (usually 80-100 births per month)
I plan to go back several months and do more informal research on this.

All were well babies.
8 of the 9 were vaginal births.
7 of the 9 were 39 to 40 wks gestation at birth (other 2 were 37-38 wk)
7 of 9 babies were discharged at approximately 48 hrs of life, with wt loss recorded and calculated by me as 4 to 6.5%.
2 infants were discharged at approx 36 hrs of life and both lost 3%, recorded and calculated by me.
For what it's worth.

Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
BMH-UC Breastfeeding Resource Center
 "Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of BMH-Union County or Baptist Memorial Healthcare Corporation."

Baptist 100. Well beyond a century.

This message and any files transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, confidential, or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not permitted to use, copy, or forward it, in whole or in part without the express consent of the sender. Please notify the sender of the error by reply email, disregard the foregoing messages, and delete it immediately.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email...