From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2007 12:39:32 -0400
<< He pointed out that while
both are in fish oil, they are not in the same proportion to each other as
they are in human milk.  It was also pointed out that to be effective, the
proportion had to be right, therefore fish oil was not the answer to meet
the human infant's DHA/ARA requirements. >>

nonsense.  humans since the beginning of time have gotten their
DHA/EPA and other EFA's from fish and plant eating (ie not grain fed)
animals.

the human body, from that, will produce breastmilk with just the right
amounts of EPA/DHA/AA/ARA etc unless the moms diet is topheavy with
omega 6's from vegetable oils like canola, safflower, sunflower, corn
etc.  since most are, fish oil supplementation is critical.

while some might believe that fish oil is not 'well absorbed' the nice
thing is that we don't have to rely on this belief.   the body of
evidence for fish oil is massive.....absorption certainly varies
depending on a variety of factors but can be optimized for the mom and
baby.