From:
John Vanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 21:41:33 -0800
I started a breastfeeding support group in our hospital two weeks
ago and am having a great response. One mom states emphatically that her
baby "spits up" after and only when she drinks milk within one to two
hours. What do you think?
        Another source of debate among the LCs; how long can fresh milk
be added to frozen milk? Within 24hrs. of the original pumping or time
not an issue?
        We do 300-400 births per month and with in house LCs making
rounds on all post-partum moms daily are still facing the many
frustrations; glucose/formula bottles, out-dated advice, etc... Since
reading the various suggestions, I'm going to try and establish a
breastfeeding committee which will include nurses from the various
shifts, (our nightshift is the major culprit for pushing
supplementation), and maternal-child units. Thanks!

Dawn(I feel like a need to give a weather report; in dry, for the
moment, San Jose.)