From:
Lyla Wolfenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:44:49 -0800

>Subject: still supplementing, what's going on?

have you seen the baby? was baby assessed for ankyloglossia by someone
knowledgeable?  i didn't see any  mention of tongue movement or elevation,
so that popped into my head.  i just worked with a mom with a *5* month old
who had weight gain issues for the first month,but all was smooth sailing
after that, but as soon as baby popped his first tooth, the mom started
getting lacerations all over and is in excruciating pain.  mom described,
over the phone to me, a grooved tip of the tongue and never having seen
herbaby stick out tongue or elevate to roof of mouth, so i sent her off to
her ped, who dismissed tongue-tie, and said baby was biting the hand that
feeds her!
i will see mom on thursday, but i am almost certain this is what is going
on (another LC looked at her and agreed with me).  just a thought

Lyla Wolfenstein, B.S., IBCLC, RLC
Early Attachments - Breastfeeding Preparation and Support Services
email:  [log in to unmask]
phone:  (360) 281-4719
web:    http://home.attbi.com/~earlyattachments

Lyla Wolfenstein