From:
V_DERR_PNP <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:58:13 -0800
I have been in the practice of pediatrics for 30+ years and have never
heard this one before, so I thought perhaps there was someone out there
that was more seasoned than I who would like to shed some light. This is
not really a breast feeding problem but does involve a 3  month old
breastfed baby who starts to scream as soon as the car starts moving and
calms down when the car stops. She does fine in a stroller or swing.
Parents have tried everything---different cars, car seats and position in
the car.  They have even taken her out of the car seat (don't tell anyone)
and attempted to breastfed her but she just screams.  A one hour ride to a
family wedding was delayed as they had to stop and calm her down four times
during the trip.  When not in the moving car she is a delightful, happy,
playful, thriving breastfed 3month old infant.  Anyone have any ideas?
Vivian Derr, NP