Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:51:48 EST
Well, I guess there are always exceptions to all rules...

>>> It is not high protein per se, but rather high amounts of animal protein
that
is associated with early return of menses. I remember reading an article many
years ago which said that women with more body fat see an earlier return of
menses, due to higher levels of estrogen released into the mother's body
while nursing than in mothers with less body fat. Since I read that article,
I have noticed which of my friends or clients have experienced this. >>>>

I've have 5 children the shortest time between birth and return of menses was
15 months longest was 23 months. I eat quite a bit of animal protein and by
anyone's standards I have more than my share of body fat. Earliest any of my
babies had solids was 4 months and he had teeth and he grabbed popcorn out of
a bowl and crammed it in his mouth before anyone could get it away! The
longest before solids was 10 months and she was the 23 months. All breastfed
27/7, family bedded until the next one came along and a few longer. No
artificial nipples to speak of (1st child-I thought you had to do a pacifier
it but he wouldn't take it for long, tried them the car with one who screamed
the entire time in the car seat).

Belinda Bohnert
Nursing Matters, Breastpump Sales & Rental
Mission Kansas