From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 09:19:13 -0500

<< rtificial Baby Milk : we're all used to it, it makes it clear, put the
 pressure on the "other" ABM to change

 2. Breastmilk Substitute: in keeping with UNICEF, internationally known,
some
 really dislike the word "substitute" thinking it means "just as good"

 3. Synthetic Infant Nutrition (SIN): many really liked this, esp the "SIN"
 acronym!

 4. Artificial Infant Milk (AIM): new, takes away the cuddley "baby" term,
 straightforward, maybe more accepting to the establishment

 Is there a way to put this to a vote? I could then say I surveyed over 1000
 breastfeeding advocates across the world.

 Thanks again. LACNET is amazing...

 Karen J. Stepan DO, FAAP, IBCLC

My personal favorite has always been SMA -- too bad Wyeth used it; but it
told it like it was.  SMA stands for/stood for:  Synthetic Milk Adapted.

Jan Barger