From:
Jacquie Nutt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:59:41 +1200
Hello Lactnetters

Does anyone have access to research on the efficacy of using donor milk for
sick adults?   I've looked through the archives using different terms, but
there seems to be nothing more than one can find on a google search, and
this is inconclusive and at times contradictory.  In fact, it seems to be a
newish trend to discourage the use of human milk for cancer patients.

I'm specifically interested in the possible role of stem cells and
leukocytes in restoring immune function after chemotherapy.   I also wonder
about potential dangers in the normal milk microbiome for an immune
compromised patient.

I've read about the research of Catharina Svanberg and Dagmar Zweytick but
haven't seen the actual papers - would love to do so.

Best wishes
Jacquie Nutt IBCLC