Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 17:57:48 -0400
>Well, I'm not Jean C, but here goes:  the first thing I thought of was the
>dimpling and minor heart shape indicating a very minor tongue tie. I worked
>with a baby who didn't have a heart shape, and whose tie was tiny, but who
>used incredible compression and caused deep pain...
>The baby had the frenulum clipped and the mother experienced relief.

A reminder: while a frenotomy heals, things may actually get worse for a few
days.  I had a client (whose 6 week old baby had a "minor" tongue-tie with
no heart shape) go from terrible feeds to clipping to an afternoon of
wonderful feeds to several days of "as bad as ever" to increasingly good
feeds to fussiness from oversupply, all within 2 weeks.
--
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com