From:
Marilyn Fergus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:57:43 -0500
We have had a few discussions the past three weeks about MRSA in NICU. All
of the babies are cultured each week in the unit and if postive are put on
isolation. The problem then is that the infectioncontrol people want the mother
not to put the baby skin to skin or breastfeed, have no problem with brestmilk.
I have been trying to get more info however have fould only on article.
So ,yes this is becoming a problem none of the babies are symtomatic in any
way, we don't culture the mother or the staff. So we are fighting to keep the
babies skin to skin.
There is no screening done to my knowledge on admission to the general
hospital floors only in the NICU.
What are the rest of you doing?

Marilyn Fergus
Happy Thanksgiving  to all!