Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:34:48 EDT
All the talk about the LLLI conference on here has made me decide at the last minute to attend. We always attend LLLI conferences as a family-from 1985, we have only missed 2.
Last night as we were discussing this, the almost 19 yr old son came home, and when I asked if he wanted to go to Chicago to LLLI, he gave me a huge grin, thumbs up and said "cool".  My newlywed daughter who is visitng for a few days with her new husband starting getting excited that she wanted to go, she never missed one with me, etc. Her new husband reminded her she had to go back to work. Later after everyone had gone to bed and I was doing laundry, my son and daughter met up in the kitchen sneaking cookies and I heard them discussing old conferences. Stacy is beside herself not being able to go. It reminded me of the Disney commercial where the mom tells her grown son he can't go! Stacy said she'd just have to get pregnant so she can go next time!
I got the Amtrak tickets this AM, now just praying I can get hotel rooms! I really need a big dose of bfing advocates!

Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC