From:
Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 2015 23:29:59 -0400
Here is a link with some guidelines.  This website says it is from the
following partners:

This site is a collaborative effort between the New York State Department
of Health AIDS Institute, Office of the Medical Director, and the Johns
Hopkins University School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases.

http://www.hivguidelines.org/clinical-guidelines/post-exposure-prophylaxis/hiv-prophylaxis-following-occupational-exposure/#X.
PEP FOR EXPOSED WORKERS WHO ARE PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING

It states the following:
"B. Exposed Workers Who Are Breastfeeding

RECOMMENDATION:
Clinicians should advise women who may have been exposed to HIV through
occupational exposure to avoid breastfeeding for 3 months after the
exposure.29
<http://www.hivguidelines.org/clinical-guidelines/post-exposure-prophylaxis/hiv-prophylaxis-following-occupational-exposure/#REFERENCES>
 (AII <http://www.hivguidelines.org/?page_id=1955>) If HIV infection is
definitively excluded in the source patient at any time prior to 3 months
post-exposure, the woman may resume breastfeeding.

Initiation of PEP in exposed workers who are breastfeeding requires careful
discussion. Both HIV and antiretroviral drugs may be found in breast milk;
therefore, breastfeeding should be avoided for 3 months after the exposure
to prevent HIV transmission and potential drug toxicities.34
<http://www.hivguidelines.org/clinical-guidelines/post-exposure-prophylaxis/hiv-prophylaxis-following-occupational-exposure/#REFERENCES>
Clinicians
should discuss the risks and benefits with the exposed worker. The infant’s
pediatrician should be informed of any potential exposure to HIV or
antiretroviral medications."

It must be a very difficult time for that mom.  I hope she is able to get
the support she needs.

(I copied and pasted the info from the website because you said you had
limited access to the internet, but there is much more information in that
document.  I hope it is okay that I copied it in the text of my reply.)

Best,
Sonya Shaver, BS, CHES, IBCLC