From:
Elizabeth Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 07:11:40 -0700
I just wanted to thank Jennifer for providing these great resources on perinatal psychology.
I'm a LLLL and a fairly new one at that but it does provide me with a fairly wide sampling
of what goes on in the local 5-10 hospitals.  As a mother who helps other mothers learn
to breastfeed it is hard to ignore how far things have gone awry due to everything that happens
to these women and their babies in the hospital.  Most of them are surprised and angry when
they learn how thoroughly their breastfeeding relationship has been impacted by their birth
experience.  In any case I'm always grateful for a source that I can point mothers to, so they
don't have to choose between listening to me or their HCP's.  It's still important to meet these
mothers where they are after the fact and help them meet whatever breastfeeding goals they have.
I'm just glad to know all the evidence is there and it's not just my imagination.
Sincerely,
Elizabeth Howell, LLLL