From:
Linda Rosetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:52:57 -0700
I know this subject has been discussed a lot, but I'm working with a mother
who's almost ready to quit....This mothers baby.. had been fussy for quite
some time before she called me.  She called for infants verrry loose green
stools and extreme diaper rash.  She had a huge supply so that was what we
worked on first, helped some but diaper rash getting worse.  Her Dr. said
tests showed lactose intolerence...from her milk so off breastmilk,for s
week to rest babys system...boooo...when I talked with her again, suggested
going off dairy..which she did but still afraid to give breast milk.  She
started up this week and did OK for a few days, had a glass of OJ then runny
stools again....mom is very discouraged and confused, suggested LaLeache
League and kept encouraging her to keep trying.  Any suggestions for this
mother who feels like she's living on bread, (she gave up wheat for a while
too) and water.  Seems like every time she starts nursing baby has problems.
Linda M. Rosetti