From:
MichaelCallahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 06:39:06 -0400
As a babysitting teenager I watched my friends older sister
 pump breast milk for us to feed her baby.
 I didn't know human breasts could make milk!  Was I suprised.
She asked if I wanted a taste. The flavor stayed in my memory as sugary skim
milk.
I remember thinking Her baby smelled like candy from the milk.
Back then I told anyone who would listen to me about my discovey and how
great it tasted.
( I'm Still telling everyone!!)<Grin>

As a pubescent teenager None of the many books i read
ever made reference to feeding babies this way.
She let all of her younger sisters friends taste the milk.(in a cup)
25 years later a group of women who were never breastfed all went on to
nurse their own children,
I will always feel it was because of this wonderful taste testing.

I knew back then how gross formula smelled, why taste it?

Ruth Callahan
Postpartum Doula
New York, New York