From:
Christy Van Orman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:18:22 -0700
Dear Friends at Lactnet,

I read this letter to the editor in our local paper yesterday (Deseret News,
Salt Lake City, UT).  As a breastfeeding advocate, I would like to respond.
I find it very offensive that someone would suggest that breastfeeding would
make someone lose their appetite.  (I suppose the person was jealous of the
baby for getting much healthier food then their fast food meal!) I have
never written a letter to the editor before, and would be interested in
suggestions you have of how to best respond to this obviously uninformed
person:

>>Nurse babies discreetly
      >>Mothers who breast feed, please take notice. I was at a fast >>food
restaurant with friends trying to enjoy my meal when a mother >>unbuttoned
her shirt, pulled down her bra, exposed her breast and >>then proceeded to
nurse her baby.
      >>I am not opposed to mothers breast feeding, but please use some
 >>tact and common sense. Needless to say, my friends and I did not >>finish
our meals.

>>Skyler T. VomDorp
>>Sandy

Thanks,