From:
"A. Montgomery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 15:54:08 -0700
Kathleen-I'm looking up much info for the mom with Lyme who posted here
last week.  I haven't pulled these yet but here are some refs from a
quick lit search I just did:

Shapiro, E.D. "Lyme disease in children,"  Am J. Med 1995, Apr 24, 98(48)
p.695-735.  From abstract:  transmission of Lyme through breastmilk
has not been documented.

Gerber, M.A., Zalneraitis, D.L. "Childhood neurologic disorders and Lyme
disease during pregnancy," Pediatric Neurology 1994 July 11 (1) 41-3.
From abstract:  congenital lyme is either not occuring or is occuring
only very rarely and is not a concern to a large number of pediatric
neurologists survey in northeast and midwest states where Lyme is endemic.

Is this for the same mom?  I've just talked to her on the phone and plan
to call her back after I gather a bit more info.

--
Anne Montgomery, M.D.
St.Peter Hospital Family Practice Residency