From:
Julius Edlavitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 11:55:09 -0600
For Information About International Pediatric Chat and How to use it

www.pedschat.org

http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html

> [...]
>>From:    Regina C Lockyer <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: about those exam results
>>
>>I've thanked my local people.
>>Kathleen Auerbach and Carol Ryan - High five sister women!
>>Regina Lockyer CCE IBCLC
>>Yes!
>>Date:    Sun, 27 Oct 1996 20:58:47 -0800
>>From:    Star & Glenn Siegfried <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: IBCLC
>>
>>I guess I will also stand up for roll call.
>>I PASSED..................... happiness
>>thanks for allowing me this moment.
>>Star Siegfried, R.N.,B.A., IBCLC
>>
>Date:    Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:29:31 +0000
>From:    Ilene Fabisch <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Passing IBCLC
>
>Just wanted to wish my co-leader and good friend CONGRATULATIONS on
>passing her cert.exam.  We all knew she could do it!
>--
>Warmllly, Ilene
>Please come to my "mall"
>http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4558
>"Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want,
>but the realization of how much you already have!
>Date:    Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:31:21 +0000
>From:    Ilene Fabisch <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: OPPS!
>
>OPPS! I forgot to mention her name (HA!) It is Charlene Phillips of
>Brockton, MA.  So now we all have a local lactation consultant to refer
>difficult cases to!
>--
>Warmllly, Ilene
>Please come to my "mall"
>http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4558
>"Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want,
>but the realization of how much you already have!
>Date:    Mon, 28 Oct 1996 08:59:22 -0500
>From:    Jim & Pardee Hinson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: npo before circ
>
>I work at circ. central.
>
>What are your policies regarding these unfortunate boys who are barely born
>and then rushed off to the knife?  Are they allowed to BF before the ordeal
>or are they sent hungry?  We are allowing BF boys to BF before circ if the
>nurse and if the doc of the hour remembers that colostrum is not the same as
>commercial baby milk.  The bottle babes are out of luck as they are not
>allowed to feed for some time before the surgery.
>
>I would love to see samples of policies relating to BF boys breastfeeding
>prior to and directly after the surgery.  We do not have an official, in
>writing, policy.
>
>Thank you all.
>
>Pardee Hinson, MPH, IBCLC
>Mercy Lactation Center
>10628 Park Rd
>Charlotte, NC  28210
>Date:    Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:01:59 -0500
>From:    "Patricia B. Drazin, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: yeast
>
>   i have an eighteen month old who has contracted oral candidiasis... she is
>totally unwilling to nurse.
>
>   onset was friday,. diag and reatment as of sat a.m... nystatin for baby
>and gynelotramin for mom.  mom is pumping to maintain supply.

             Julius Edlavitch M.D. from Minnnnnnesota

          International Pediatric Chat   ***www.pedschat.org***

                  "BABY FRIENDLY ORGANIZATION"

       "What wisdom can you have that is greater than kindness"