From:
Donna Kimick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:03:24 EDT
Hi all,  this is about the mom I have been working with that is having  the
custody issue.  I have given her all the information I have received.  At this
point, she has to give the overnight visitation this weekend. It will be  28
hrs, she has tried three pumps and is now using the symphony.  Her main
problem is that her left breast is painful when pumping (she is very small
breasted). When she pumps she sees ony one pore squirting milk and a vein pops  out on
the top, she has pain only on this one breast when she is pumping or if  she
does not drain it out. The breastfeeding is the only release she can  get.

Although, I have not seen her pump nor consulted with her, she has just  told
me about a surgery she had years ago for a cyst on her neck - she  does not
know what they took out.  I am wondering if it is possible they  damaged nerves
or lymph nodes and this is the reason for the problem. I have  given her some
information on a non- invasive infrared breastscan, I have  just learned of
(_http://infraredsciences.com_ (http://infraredsciences.com) ). I would  love
to see what is going on in that breast and if there is any  abnormalties.  I
totally recommend everyone to look into this non-invasive  test.

I have not pushed her to do a consult because everything with "nursing" is
doing wonderful.  As a side question, has anyone done consults for pumping
only?

Thanks,
Donna B. Kimick, IBCLC, RLC