From:
Glenn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:54:53 -0700
Chao-Huei -- Another explanation could be that you can't compare  cc's of breast milk to cc's of cow's milk.  Babies on cow's milk drink increasing quantities of milk the first few weeks of life, and in much more quantity than a breastfed baby.

For instance, colostrum amounts are very low, at first, while the formula fed newborn takes anywhere from 15-60 cc per feeding.

Maybe a better approach would be to figure out how many cows would it take to feed how many babies for a year.

The mathematical mind at work. . .  Chanita, San Francisco