From:
Joy Noel-Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 00:25:01 -0500
Two things I wanted to comment on

1) World Breastfeeding Week
Looks to be a good one.  Everyone can identify with the economic investment
of breastfeeding. In our efforts to promote, protect and support
breastfeeding, WBW gives us an opportunity to raise public awareness.
Breastfeeding is a sound investment for mothers, their families and
communities. I am stating the obvious to the "already converted"!!
As Doraine said,
>Data like this can help economists
>and "bottom-liners" reconsider their money allocations and maybe be
>willing to invest in supporting breastfeeding rather than these costly
>(and well-marketed) protection strategies.
I do not think the actual cost of the ear infection vaccine is available.
I double checked the original post, the vaccine appears to be in the
developmental stages.

2) The article on WHO violations appears to be quoted from Breaking the
Rules, Bending the Rules 1998 which is now available from INFACT Canada.

Joy Noel-Weiss RN IBCLC
Resources Coordinator
INFACT Canada