From:
Dave Yantis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 21:48:58 +0000
Hello to all,
First I would like to introduce myself, as I have been lurking for
the last 3 or 4 months.  My name is Stacey Yantis and I am a
registered nurse and a breastfeeding counselor, and an LC wanna be.
I am also a pump rental station affilliated with Diane Di
Sandro,IBCLC.

before a surgical procedure, I have some anectdotal information.  My
daughter had surgery at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in
the recent past.  According to her surgeon, anesthesia and the
nursing staff, breast milk is considered a clear liquid and a child
can nurse up to 2 hours before a procedure or surgery.

Secondly, a question.  Has anyone had experience with a client or
personally  breastfeeding a baby/child who is receiving chemotherapy?
 I unfortunately have this dubious distinction and have had sore
nipples after each cycle of chemo my daughter has received.  Just
wondering if there might be a connection.

TIA,
Stacey Yantis
People who say that something cannot be done, are usually
interrupted by someone doing it.
"mailto:[log in to unmask]"  "http://www.voicenet.com/~dbyantis/"