From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 10:02:06 -0500
Well when this info does get to moms, we'll have to have a way to respond.
Think about it, many moms express during their workday, and the milk is fed
to the
children during that same workday time. So that is not a problem.
If a mother does alot of expressing at various times, and worries about
this, and
wants to keep the milk "in order," it would be fairly easy to have a bin for
"day" milk
and a bin for "night" milk. I don't know many moms who would be expressing
like that,
except of course for moms of sick or preterm infants. The moms also could
put a white
or a black dot on the container, or a label with an "A" or a "P" for am/pm
or whatever
symbol is appropriate in their language.
I would also say that one study does not mean this is the final answer on
this subject.
But for some moms, telling them to ignore the study will do fine, but for
others, they will
stress/obsess about it, and will want a way to deal with it.
Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
Mississippi USA -- where we surely don't need another barrier against bf!