From:
Bernshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 11:09:37 +0800
        Reply to:   Book Reviews
Thank you all for your overwhelming response to my request to review Odent's
book on water babies. So much interest, so many response, yet only one book.
May I encourage you to become a book reviewer? I have plenty of books to assign
right now. Following is a list. Let me know which one you would be interested
in reviewing and what education (in the case of a technical book) and
experience (in the case of a lay book) is related with the book of interest. Do
not hesitate to call (evening only: 801-969-7391) or e-mail if you have
questions

AIDS: Science and Society. "The purpose of this text is to provide the
nonspecialized student with a firm overview of AIDS from biomedical and
psychosocial perspectives." Preface, p. viii. Jones and Bartlett, 250 pages.

Women's Health Companion: Self Help Nutrition Guide and Cookbook, by Susan
Lark, MD. Written by a physician "specializing in women's health care and
preventive medicine...always emphasized nutrition as an important part of a
health program" at the request of her patients. Introduction, p. 1. Celestial
Arts, 375 pages.

Vitamin B-6 Metabolism in Pregnancy, Lactation, and Infancy. Highly technical.
CRC Press, 200 pages.

Calcium and Magnesium Metabolism in Early Life. Highly technical. CRC Press,
160 pages.

Hormone Replacement Therapy. Short and small medical book written in point
format. Essential Medical Information System, 160 pages.

Primary Care of Women. This book "was conceived in the midst of unprecedented
reform of the health care spstem in the US and of the position of women within
that system...The purpose of this book is to provide a concise, practical
reference for clinicians engaged in the primary care of women." Preface, p.
xiii. Mosby, 557 pages. I need an MD to review this book.

Phenylketonuria-Past, Present, Future. Proceedings of a Symposium held in
Denmark. Highly technical. Acta Paediatrica Supplement, 130 pages.

Guide de L'Allaitement et du Sevrage (anyone speaking French in this audience?)
"This book was written for young mothers who decided to breastfeed." Preface,
p. 11. Syros, Paris, 190 pages.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nicole